Monday, July 15, 2013

Gabriella's Birthday

I haven't written a post in a year! Seriously, as much time as I spend on Facebook you would think I could blog more than once a year.  Should I shut this down??????

So last week was my baby's first birthday!  Of course the day of her birthday she spiked a fever and was crabby and wouldn't eat or sleep for an entire week. I took her to the doctor Thursday before inviting 15 people to my house to see if she had anything discernible which of course she did not. The grandparents arrived Friday and the party guests Saturday so we will see if anyone else takes ill.  After endless hours deliberating what time to have a baby party where the baby would actually be awake and happy, I chose wrong so she was sleepy and went down for a nap halfway into her party.  Of course she is teething and constipated, so just a joy to be around and I haven't slept in 3 weeks (I think, I have no real ability to track time these days, it's all one long blur), but we ate cake and she received presents which she could not stay awake long enough to open and I drank mimosa's until mid-afternoon, then we all went to the mall where my children acted like crack-addicts needing a fix while I attempted to shovel pasta in my mouth, good times all around!  Here are some photos for your viewing pleasure:
Super sleepy party goer

Perked up enough to try the cake

Opened gifts after nap and all guests had left

She preferred the tissue paper over the presents

But big sister opened all the gifts for her

Gran played while Tom Tom napped

Life continues after this exciting milestone as a series of sleepless nights and blurry days of dance classes and diaper changes punctuated by endless hours of legal work. I will try to remember to blog about it just in case anyone is actually out there reading.


No comments:

Post a Comment